An independent middle school helping students find their place... in the classroom, in the community, in the world.
The Sycamore School cultivates intellectual curiosity, independent thought, and a love of learning. We can help transform how your child experiences education.
WHY THE SYCAMORE SCHOOL?
- The middle school years are a pivotal, predictive, and possibly life-altering stage of development.
- Conventional education is focused on standardized tests, rigid standards and acceleration that diminishes curiosity and the desire to learn.
- Conventional education often creates excessive stress and can undermine individual development of character, connection to the community and compassion.
- Traditional practices force students into one way of learning and thinking, producing a system of winners and losers. Our world needs strong leaders, thinkers, and feelers, not just survivors.
- Young people are curious, resilient, and capable of creating innovative solutions to real-world problems.
- Learning should be meaningful, challenging and engaging.
- Intelligence and ability are not fixed, but can be developed.
- Learning is messy, not linear. It’s a process of trying, making changes, and moving forward.
- Learning requires a partnership between students, staff and parents.
We can provide the tools and opportunities to reignite your child’s desire to learn.
School should be a place where students thrive and don’t just survive. The Sycamore School cultivates intellectual curiosity, independent thought, and a love of learning. We can help transform how your child experiences education. Learn more about an innovative approach to learning.