At The Sycamore School (TSS), we are committed to protecting the privacy and confidentiality of information about our students, as well as the data of our students and their families. We take the following steps to safeguard the privacy of information, both online and offline:
- Notifying families when we are requesting information from them, including the type of information we are requesting and the purpose for which that information will be used.
- Maintaining accurate records and providing access to personal, identifiable, and retainable information online.
- Using secure system technology, physical and electronic, to safeguard the information regarding our students.
TSS may also use information about our students for internal purposes, such as billing, statistics, student services, fraud monitoring, and expanding and improving the curriculum offered by TSS. Additionally, we may use the information, including postal address and/or email address, to send you school information. (You may opt out of receiving such information by contacting The Sycamore School and completing a written request to be removed from any such list, or by using “Unsubscribe” on any email you receive from us.)
We do not disclose the personal identity information data you provide to us via our online software to any third party for any marketing purposes. We do not sell, trade, or distribute the information we collect from you to outside vendors or third parties unrelated to the services provided by TSS. This type of information may be disclosed to authorized regulatory authorities, upon request, as required by law.
TSS analyzes how our website is accessed and utilized. Much of the information we monitor relies on “cookies,” small text files created by a server and stored by a browser. Cookies also allow a user’s browser to store preferences from visit to visit our site and to maintain a “logged-in” status when visiting password-protected areas. The use of a cookie is in no way linked to any personally identifiable information. An online visitor may set a browser to reject or selectively accept cookies and/or to delete cookies previously accepted; these options may limit the functionality of the website.
Links From Our Website
This website contains hyperlinks to web pages hosted on other servers. TSS provides these links as a service to visitors and takes no responsibility for the content or privacy practices of these pages.
Your Access to and Control Over Information
You may opt out of any future contacts from us at any time. You can do the following at any time by contacting us via the email address or phone number given on our website:
- See what data we have about you, if any.
- Change/correct any data we have about you.
- Have us delete any data we have about you.
- Express any concern you have about our use of your data.
Amendment to Policy